Table of Contents
- How to Install BitTorrent Sync on ITWeb.Services Ubuntu 14.04 Instance
- Install BitTorrent Sync
- Make the directory(ies) to store your sync’d files
- You are now ready to start using BitTorrent Sync!
How to Install BitTorrent Sync on IT Web Services Ubuntu 14.04 Instance
This article will guide you through the install and setup process for launching a BitTorrent Sync Client/Server on a high performance SSD VPS at IT Web Services.
Install BitTorrent Sync
Login To Your New Ubuntu 14.04 VPS Server at IT Web Services via SSH and run the following commands
apt-get -y install python-software-properties add-apt-repository ppa:tuxpoldo/btsync apt-get update apt-get -y install btsync
Steps for Install Menu:
- select “btsync” user from the menu
- select “default” for the sync daemon group
- set niceness to 0
- Unless you have additional IP’s on your instance it’s ok to hit enter to “0.0.0.0”
- Set the port to listen on (Default: 8888)
- Should BitTorrent Sync only allow SSL? <No> is ok here.
Make the directory(ies) to store your sync’d files
We will use “/btsync” for this example.
mkdir /btsync #set ownership to btsync user chown btsync /btsync
You are now ready to start using BitTorrent Sync!
Access the control panel via http://(server ip address):8888
Do you need help setting up this on your own service?
Please contact us and we’ll provide you the best possible quote!